Hanoi Street Food Tour
- Duration:1 day
- Destinations: Hanoi
The street food in Hanoi is an awesome experience, with numerous places to eat and drink. Why not take a tour with us and let our experienced guide introduce you to some of the best street food around. Our guide will explain the intricacies and traditions of Vietnamese food including details on ingredients, cooking methodology and the historical background of many traditional and popular northern Vietnamese dishes.
- Sample delicious Vietnamese cuisine just like the locals do – on the street
- Stroll through hidden alleyways and bustling markets of Hanoi’s charming old quarter
- Learn more about Hanoi’s unique food culture
- Try local specialties with influences from French and Chinese cuisine
- View Hoan Kiem lake from a local cafe
If you are a little worried about eating food in the old Quarter in Hanoi, then this is a Must Do! With hundreds of food places in this area, it's difficult to know which are good to eat or not. There are definitely one's that you should not venture into, but with this Food on Foot Tour, be confident that we has vetted the places you go to, and allow yourself to experience fantastic local speciality flavours. Put this tour on your list of 'must do'.
"Start from 11.30- 14.30 "Lunch" or 18.00 to 21.00 "Dinner" & around 4km on foot"
At 11.30 (or 18.00), our tour guide will welcome you at your hotel lobby, then start walking tour in old quarter "36 streets" to visit some famous and specialized- food families or stalls/ local restaurants, shops where they run their business everyday, certainly you will watch and taste some particular dishes (Please let us know you are vegetarian or special requirement)
The old quarter in Hanoi is over one thousand years old and today retains much of the old flavor that made the area special in earlier times, each street was the exclusive domain of one trade (guilds) so there are whole streets of blacksmiths, silver shops, paper shops, headstone makers and more. Originally there were just 36 streets in the old quarter but today there are more than 50 streets. Although many of the streets are short, and the area is rather compact,
It is very difficult to find some local food on your own in hidden alleys or sidewalks, certainly the best way to make it easy is joining with us, taking part in this special tour to learn about Vietnamese cuisine, culture, people and language.
After all, Food on Foot will give you an unique experience to try the foods of the local Hanoi people, We ensure the food is handled hygienically and provide a comfortable venue for the tastings. The benefit also goes back to the vendors or restaurants/ families as we buy directly from them.
At 14.30 (or 21.00), Our tour guide say goodbye to you, and will help you order taxi or show you direction back your hotel. See you again!
+ Travel Tip:
- Food on Foot tour is combined by street food stalls and lovely mini restaurants (not luxury restaurants), certainly they are experienced and appreciated by our local experts everyday, you'll keep on ordering food as long as you keep eating, suggestion that you should taste a little bit each place, then foot & food.
- This small group- joining tour has maximum 8 guests join together. Normally it has around 4- 6 guests on tour, sometimes can be full with 8 participants.
- It will be discounted little bit if you have more partners in your own group'size,
- Private tour means that only your own group (can be your family, friends), not joining with other guests.
Price: 25 USD/Person - Group Tour
- Street food as per itinerary, 1 bottle of water, 1 coffee or beer and English speaking guide
- All other drinks, extra food portions, tips for local guide
- Duration:3 to 3.5 hours
Departure times :
- 11h00 to 14h00 for Lunch.
- 18h00 to 21h00 for Dinner.